Sunday, June 26, 2011

Summer Evenings and Orange Sherbet

   Well, it certainly has been a while since I last posted.  Goodness!  Life has been very busy.  Life always is, isn't it?  But my wonderful brother agreed to take pictures of me this evening after I returned from a shopping trip with my sister's Keshia, Hannah, and Maggie.  

sweater: New York & Company (but I altered it)
dress: homemade
shoes: thrift


 I love Orange Sherbet.  I love it almost as much as I love Mint Patty Frozen Yogurt from Captain Dusty's.  And summer evenings are perfect for a cold treat!

This is Maggie's cat, Moses.  He was a runty kitten, and now he is a sickly cat.  He's a bit gross.  But the poor thing continues to hold on year after year, and manages to fend for himself against our Huskey, Molly.


In this picture, I was supposed to be looking back down at my shoes, cause they're these older, weird clog-heals.  But I think Jon thought I was looking at my legs...cause he chopped off my shoes.  *smile*  Silly Jon...

My grandmother helped me make this dress a few years ago.  My grandmother is a wonderful seamstress.  She made all of her own dresses when she was in high school.  The funny thing is, she refused to let me make the dress any shorter or smaller, because, as she said, "It would be too short for a decent young lady!"


   This time next week I will be in Frisco on Hatter Island, NC. I can't wait!  I love the ocean!  The beach is, by far, my favorite place on earth--any beach.  My family and I go every year.  I can't wait!  I hope you are having a lovely summer!

1 comment:

  1. THIS IS MY FAVORITE DRESS OF YOURS. So glad it finally made an appearance on here ;)

    ReplyDelete