Thursday, June 30, 2011

A History of Hair...

   I have always had short hair.  When I was 11 years old, I asked my mom if I could get it cut wicked short, and she--amazingly enough!--said yes.  Ever since then, I've had very short hair.  However, I've started growing it out.  And I like it, which is shocking, because I always swore I would never grow my hair out.  But anyway I thought it would be interesting to have a look at my hair throughout the years:

Age 7: The longest my hair has ever been

17th Birthday (junior year of high school): shortest my hair has ever been

senior year of high school: a bit longer


Freshman year of college: getting longer
This is Johnny, one of my most favorite people in the world

Sophomore year of college: long on top & short of the sides
I'm at the Winter Ball with my date and best friend: Taylor Jones and a friend of our's.

Later that same year: short again!


Summer before junior year: wicked short again!
Here are 2 more of my favorite friends (Ryan and Taylor) and I in London!!


Junior year of college: starting to get long again...I look like one of the Beatles...


Junior year: looking even more like a Beatle...
(working on a Pirates of Penzance) 


Getting longer....
My roommate's birthday! 
(Jazzy and I split a delicious, massive strawberry shortcake.)


Drawing near the end of junior year: chopped my bangs and tried a more "flapper" look.
Here Kym and I are before Senior Formal


Finally, the very end of my junior year of college: the Bob.
Here I am with two of my favorite people in all the world--Ben and Carissa--and then there's Alec over there on the end too...  *smile*  (Leaving Ben and Carissa at the end of the year...talk about a crisis! haha)


And summer time: finally accomplished the pony tail!  Trust me, it's back there...
(By the way, you can see Ryan taking the photo in the reflection of my sunglasses.)

   Well, there it is, a long, drawn-out, exhausting--and probably boring!--history of my hair.  And I actually do believe I like it better long!  And so, I take back all my "femminist" huffing and puffing about never growing my hair out.


No comments:

Post a Comment