Thursday, June 30, 2011

Life Lately...False Reality?

   Well, my life has taken an interesting turn.  I've started sitting with an elderly lady from 9:30am to 5:00pm.  She around 80-ish years old and has the early stages of dementia.  She gets really nervous about being home alone, so I stay with her during the day.  She watches TV the entire time, except for an hour, when we drive to a local restaurant and get lunch.  The days goes like this: 9:30, I arrive, and she's watching the Today Show.  After that, we watch The Price Is Right, hosted by a very sardonic yet thin Drew Carey.  After this it's lunch time: Wendy's today.  Once we get back, it's Let's Make A Deal, hosted by another ex-Who's Line guy.  Then we have The Talk.  And Finally Oprah.  *sigh*  Long Day of mediocre-terrible television.  I have taken to bringing a book along.  And am currently rereading all of the Harry Potter books.  I'm almost all the way through the 4th book now.

 So yes, Harry Potter.  I sit, reading the books, all day.  And as I have mentioned, my fellow "sitter," is an elderly woman with dementia.  This leads to a messed perception of reality...after being consumed by Harry Potter for hours at a time without any sane human interaction...I do believe I go to Hogwarts.  I really do.

shirt and belt: Forever21
pants: Old Navy
shoes: Nomadic State of Mind
watch: Timex

See that fence in the background?  I painted it yesterday with my little sister.  *smile*  We do good work. 


   Well, that's enough for today.  I hope everyone is having a lovely week.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment