Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Homeschool Blue Jean Jumper

   It is an known truth that every homeschooled girl owns a "blue jean jumper."  Generally it is worn with white socks and walking shoes, a t-shirt underneath, and a girl's long hair would be worn up in bun.  It looks a little like this:


This homeschooled girl grew up in her jean jumper.

   Well, since I was homeschooled from 2nd grade through high school, I do, in fact, own a jean jumper.  However, I refuse to wear it with white walking shoes....  *smile*

My mother sent me this dress while I was away at school this year.  I'm not sure where she got it.  She wrote me a little note and stuck it in the package.  It read:  "Every homeschooled girl needs a jean jumper."  

dress: mama
shoes: thrift



These are the shoes that Jonny cut off in the other photos.  But here they are now.  I'm completely in love with them.  I found them at a thrift store earlier in the year.  They are the most comfortable chunky, clog-wedges you could ever find.  *smile*




   For the rest of the week, I'll be on vacation with my family on Hatteras Island on the Outer Banks.  I plan to get very tan, finally finish reading Anna Karenina, spend at least 8 hours a day in the ocean, and longboard as much as possible.  What could be better?  Not even Prince Charming.  I hope you all have an equally wonderful week.


No comments:

Post a Comment